- Spice Name: Extract YouTube channel details
- Results: Extract valuable details about a YouTube channel to find the top-performing content and insights from the channel.
Extract YouTube channel details automation
This spice is for those who have a YouTube channel and want to learn from the best creators on the platform. The details that you get from their profile will help you decide the type of content you should be making. Mind you, this spice is just to give you an idea about the channel, this shouldn’t be used to copy content from existing channels.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- This automation will help you to extract channel info from YouTube for competitor analysis & content ideas
- Social media URLs from the channel will be helpful to get in touch with the channel owners
How to Extract details of YouTube channel?
You can paste a single YouTube channel URL or if you have a list of channel URLs, you can upload it as a CSV or link a Google sheet. This spice will return details of that channel.
Here are the steps to extract YouTube search results
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the Channel URL in the respective fields. In case you have a list of Channel URLs to extract details from, upload it as CSV or use that Google sheet as input for this spice.
- Click the “Extract Channel Info” button to run the automation right away or click “Schedule this spice” to repeatedly run this spice.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice, however, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Let’s see how to execute the automation
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 4 input points & the total time to execute this will be less than 1 minute, depending on the number of channel URLs to extract details from.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Channel Link: Enter the URL of the channel in the respective field. You can leave this empty if you have a CSV file or a Google Sheet which we can use in the next steps.
- Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of channels to extract details from. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. Check your daily limit here.
- Extract Channel Info: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to find the domains of the specified companies.
How to extract YouTube searches using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit this Spice Page. TexAu acts on your behalf on the specified websites to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple channels to extract details from)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Input the column containing the YouTube Channel Links. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Channel Info will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple channels to extract details from, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Extract Channel Info you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
After the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Lastly, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to know extracting details about any YouTube channel(s).
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAu, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂