- Spice Name: Extract activities of Linkedin Company
- Results: Extract the content published on a Linkedin company page
About extracting activities on a company page
If you’re looking to land your dream companies as clients, you need to learn a lot about them. Linkedin has one of the best resources to maintain a company page and the companies that create content for the page leave tracks of improvement which you can trace and offer them the solution to improve it.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- We have created this spice to help you scrape the activities on a Linkedin company page so that you don’t have to manually go through the process of checking for loopholes. This automation will return details of all the activities that are happening on the company page in terms of content published. The best part is you can scrape the ads run by the company as well. How cool is that?
How to scrape activities on a Linkedin company page?
Company URL is the primary identifier for this spice. All the details that will be scraped will be based on the company URL. If you have more companies to scrape the details from (which is most likely the case), create a CSV or a Google sheet and use it as shown in the steps below.
You can customize by choosing what type of content you want to scrape and even the post date. You can scrape as latest as this hour and as earliest as this year.
Here are the steps to use this spice
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Linkedin session cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- If you have a list of Company page URLs you want to scrape messages from, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below.
Limitations & important points to note
- You can run this spice 40 times a day. However, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the ‘Use Proxy button’. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
Let’s see how to extract comany activities from Linkedin
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 8 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of company URLs.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Li_AT: Linkedin uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Linkedin profile.
- Company Profile URL: Enter the Company profile URL in this field. If you have a list of URLs in a CSV or a Google sheet. Use that in step 6.
- Activity Type: Specify what type of posts you want to scrape. Leave this blank and details of all the post types will be scrapped.
- Max Count: You can specify the number of activities to be scrapped. Leaving this blank will scrape details of 2000 content types.
- Post date: Choose to scrape posts from a specific published date (an hour to year)
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section.
- Extract Activities: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to find company IDs.
How to scrape activities on a company page?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Linkedin Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Linkedin to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Linkedin session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. Make sure you’re logged in to your Linkedin account & the activated chrome extension will do the job.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple Linkedin company URLs)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the Linkedin Company URLs. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Activities button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of Linkedin Company URLs, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Extract Activities button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to scrape the activities of a company page.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂