- Spice Name: Post a comment on an Instagram post
- Results: Automatically post a comment on any Instagram post
About comment on Instagram post automation
The beauty of getting discovered on Instagram lies in engaging with others’ posts. We have created this automation to help you do just that. Since the comment that will go out will be the same for all the posts, you can collect posts with a similar context in one CSV or a Google sheet and use that as input for this spice.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- Since all the posts have similar context, the comment will not only be relevant but also resonate with the people reading that comment & the engagement that comes is a bonus. However, we think this spice can be useful only for ice breaker comments if you want the best result, go old school & manually engage with top-performing posts.
How to auto-comment on any post on Instagram?
The post URL is the primary input for this spice. You can add the comment that goes out for the post. Furthermore, this spice can be a part of a recipe where you discover profiles on Instagram, extract posts from that account and then comment on their posts using this spice.
Here are the steps to use this automation
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Instagram session cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- If you have a list of post URLs you want to add comments to, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below.
Limitations & important points to note
- You can comment on 35 posts per day. However, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the ‘Use Proxy button’. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
Let’s see how to comment on Instagram posts
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 6 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of Post URLs you want to scrape.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- SessionID: Instagram uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the profile.
- Post URL: Enter the Post URL in this field. If you have a list of Post URLs in a CSV or a Google sheet. Use that in step 4.
- Comment: Enter the comment you want to publish on the posts. Depending on how generic the posts are, you have to craft a comment that doesn’t sound like a bot. It should trigger a conversation you can take it manually later.
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section.
- Scrapped Instagram Post: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to find company IDs.
How to automatically add comments on any Instagram post?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Instagram Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Instagram to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Instagram session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. Make sure you’re logged in to your Instagram account & the activated chrome extension will do the job.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple Post URLs)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the Post URLs. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Publish a comment button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of Post URLs, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Publish a comment button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to post comments automatically on any Instagram post.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂