- Spice Name: Clap for a medium post
- Results: Show you appreciation for writers on Medium by automatically clapping for their posts.
- Usecases(s): Use this automation to engage with writers you admire. This can help you get noticed, maybe to land a column in their publication.
About Clapping for medium posts
By using this spice you’re not only engaging with the content of writers you appreciate but you can also gain their attention by consistently liking their content. Based on that engagement, you can then add comments to their posts & even share it on your social media. Engaging on their post can be the first step towards building a relationship with them. You can also scrape the list clappers for that piece of content and engage with their content as well or invite them checkout your content.
How to Automatically clap for medium posts?
This spice requires you to share the URL into the spice and the spice will automatically clap for the posts you specify. You can also mention the number of claps you can give for a particular post. You can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet if you want to clap for multiple posts.
Here are the steps to run this spice
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Medium UID session cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- Then enter the Medium SID session cookie manually or use TexAu Chrome Extension
- Enter post URL of the medium posts or upload a CSV or link a Google Sheet if you have multiple posts to clap
- Specify the number of claps you want to add the medium posts. This is not optional so make sure you don’t leave this blank.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice, however, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Understanding the whole execution of this spice
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 7 input points & the total time to execute this will be less than a minute, depending on the number of medium posts you want to clap for.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Medium UID Session cookie: Medium uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Medium profile.
- Medium SID Session cookie: Medium uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Medium profile.
- Post URL: Enter the post URL of the medium post you want to automatically clap for.
- Number of claps: Here you will specify how many times you want to claps for the specified post.
- Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of Medium posts to clap for. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. Check your daily limit here. Note: If you’re doing this on the web browser, make sure you have a proxy set up beforehand. If you’re doing the same thing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about anything. Refer to these guides to learn more about proxies.
- Clap post: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to scrape followers from specified profiles.
How to automatically clap for a post using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Medium Session cookies
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Medium to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your medium session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
- Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
- Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple medium posts to extract)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button. You can also create variables to avoid entering Medium session cookies again & again. Here’s a guide to creating variables on TexAu.
- Input the column containing the medium posts. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
- If you have purchased a proxy (you will have to add a proxy to your account) make sure you toggle the option. Furthermore, if you’re executing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about the proxy.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Clap Post button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple Medium posts to clap, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific time daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job. But make sure you have a proxy if you choose to run the spice on our cloud servers.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Clap Post you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
After the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Then when you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to automatically clap for medium posts.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂