- Spice Name: Check If Profile Is Connected On LinkedIn
- Results: Check if the profile is connected On LinkedIn and if not, schedule a spice to send them a connection request.
About checking if profile is connected on Linkedin
Connections on Linkedin are key to potentially everything you can do on the biggest professional platform on the internet. Also, there’s a cap to how many connection requests you can send. Especially if your requests are ignored or left unattended. Linkedin restricts your profile from sending more connection requests since your profile seems to be sending requests to irrelevant people.
To avoid that, checking if your prospects are in a connection on Linkedin would be very helpful. This spice does exactly that. This spice returns the list of profile URLs that are not in your connection, you can automatically send them connection requests (you can even auto-withdraw requests in bulk) or use one of these Linkedin spices that work on profile URLs of people who’re not in your connection yet:
- Scrape basic or all information of that profile.
- Auto-send a connection request
- Send personalized messages to any Linkedin profiles
- Find emails using Linkedin profile URLs
- Auto-endorse skills of any Linkedin profile
- Extract activities on any Linkedin profile
How to check if a profile is a connection on Linkedin?
Profile URL is the primary input for this spice. If you have a list of profiles, you can create a CSV or a Google sheet and upload & check profiles in bulk, as shown in the steps below.
Here are the steps to use this spice
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Linkedin session cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- If you have a list of Profile URLs you want to check, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below.
Limitations & important points to note
- You can check the connection status of 40 profiles per day. Additionally, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Understanding the whole execution of this spice
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 5 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of profile URLs you want to check.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Li_AT: Linkedin uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Linkedin profile.
- Profile URL: Enter the Profile URL in this field. If you have a list of Profile URLs in a CSV or a Google sheet. Use that in step 3.
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section.
- Check Connection: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to check if a profile is in connection on Linkedin.
How to check for a connection on Linkedin?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Linkedin Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Linkedin to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Linkedin session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. Make sure you’re logged in to your Linkedin account & the activated chrome extension will do the job.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple profile URLs to check)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the Linkedin profile URLs. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Check Connection button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of Profile URLs to check, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Check Connection button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to check if a profile is a connection on Linkedin.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂