Instagram Auto Follow is an Instagram automation that takes a list of Instagram URLs and automatically follows them. Simply make a list of Instagram accounts that you’d like to auto-follow (so they follow you back), feed it to TexAu, and let the magic happen on automatic!
Automatic Follow on Instagram still works in 2022
Auto-following as a strategy to win new real followers has been around since the beginning of social media. And even though its practice has evolved over time, Instagram auto-follow automation is still relevant in your growth toolkit.
Our Instagram auto-follow tool will allow you to select a list of Instagram users, and automatically add them, in the hope that they’ll reciprocate. Let’s see the right way to use this Instagram automation to win new followers for your brand or personal Instagram account.
How to use the Instagram auto-follow right?
At TexAu, we’ve seen people using automatic Instagram follow tools for years. Here are some of the best practices:
- Auto-follow the right Instagram accounts. To maximize your chances of getting relevant new Instagram followers, make sure they’re into what you’re doing. To find followers that match this criterion, see some use-cases in the next section.
- Unfollow accounts who did not reciprocate after a few days. It’s important for the Instagram algorithm, as well as for your account’s image, to not have a negative ratio of following to follower. To avoid this, use Instagram auto-unfollow to do the job.
- Don’t over do it. Instagram monitors users’ new follow activity, and is able to detect users over doing the follow/unfollow thing. Make sure to keep the number of new Instagram accounts you follow to a reasonable amount.
Finding the best Instagram accounts to auto follow is key
IG followers are valuable to you when they care about what you’re doing. Before starting follow-unfollow everyone, we strongly recommend that you think hard about where your ideal followers are:
- Competing accounts’ followers. Competitors’ followers make very good potential followers. Use the Instagram followers scraper to make a list of all their followers, so you can then auto-follow them.
- Authors of posts with relevant hashtags. Instagram’s users posting with a hashtag relevant to you can also be good followers of yours. Use our Instagram hashtags posts scraper to list them.
- Explore many other places where to find relevant users: Likers, or commenters of Instagram posts, users followed by an Instagram account, and more.
The better your targets, the highest your follow-back ratio.
Get started with Instagram automatic follow with Texau
Automating following Instagram accounts with TexAu is super easy:
- Create a free TexAu account here.
- Specify the Instagram users you want to auto-follow.
- Run the automation right away, or schedule it for a better time.
That’s it! If it’s your first time using TexAu, keep the tutorial below handy while starting your first automation.
After logging in to your TexAu account and adding this automation to your account, you’ll be facing this setup screen:
- Session ID: Represents the Instagram profile with which you’ll perform this automation.
- Profile URL: The URL of the Instagram profiles that you want to automatically follow. It’s likely that you want to auto-follow multiple accounts, in which case, rather use the .CSV or Google Sheets options explained below.
- Upload a .CSV or link a Google Sheet: If you want to export multiple profiles’ data, upload here a .CSV filled with profile URLs, or the address of a Google spreadsheet (don’t forget to make it public, see FAQ below).
- Launch automation: Click on this button to start the automation.
- Schedule automation: Schedule this automation to run at a specific time, or to launch multiple times.
If this is your first time using TexAu, we recommend reading the FAQ.
How do I add a new profile?
To connect your Instagram profile and perform this automation, you must:
- Download the TexAu Chrome extension. It will establish the link between TexAu and Instagram.
- Create your Instagram Profile in TexAu. Once your identity is created in TexAu, it will be reusable across all automations.
Why would I use Google Sheets?
When you want to export multiple targets without having to change the #2 field every time, you can use a Google spreadsheet URL instead.
To do this, simply put every target URLs you want to target in the first column of the sheet like so:
Then make your Google sheet public. Without it, TexAu won’t be able to access it.
How to schedule my automation to launch multiples times?
Automation is not always welcomed. To avoid being suspended, prefer making many small launches over one big launch.
How to download your results?
After you launch your automation, you’ll see TexAu performing its job in the log section. It will look something like that:
Once the launch is over, click “Download CSV” to download your data to a .CSV spreadsheet.
We recommend auto-following a maximum of 1 Instagram account per hour. Instagram is very strict with IG auto-followers, and this is necessary to protect your account.
TexAu provides you with a schedule feature to automatically follow 1 person every hour, which is still ~720 new followers per month.
- How to use CSV with TexAu automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu automation
- How to schedule a TexAu automation
Questions? Reach out to our support, we’ll be happy to assist you!