- Spice Name: Add A Friend On Facebook New
- Results: Automatically add new friends to your Facebook profile
About automatically adding friends to your profile
Facebook algorithm is no more helpful for organic reach, especially if you own a business page. One way to go by is getting active in relevant Facebook groups. The problem with groups is that there’s a lot of noise. By the time you get the attention of the group members, people will forget about your presence.
Another way is to add as many relevant friends to your profile so that they get your posts in their feed. Facebook has made it clear that content from friends will be given the highest priority. If you create content to generate leads from Facebook, your friends will be the first ones to see it. And who have you added as friends? Your potential leads!
Here are usecases/applications of using this automation:
- Facebook’s algorithm ranks post from friends above the updates from pages. This can be used for your benefit by adding your target audience in your friends circle on Facebook and create content for them to directly consume.
You can use the following spices to find potential leads to add as a friend:
- Extract friends of friends to find leads from them
- Scrape profiles from a Facebook group
- Extract profiles of commentators on Facebook post
How to add friends on Facebook?
Profile URL is the primary input for this spice. You can create a list of group URLs in a CSV or Google sheet to automatically send friend requests to.
Here are the steps to use this spice
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Facebook session cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- If you have a list of Profile URLs you want to send friend requests to, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below.
Limitations & important points to note
- You can send requests to 20 profiles per day. This is to keep you away from raising red flags for Facebook. Furthermore, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. Find those details here.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the ‘Use Proxy button’. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
Understanding the whole execution of this automation
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 6 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of Facebook Profile URLs you want to send friend requests to.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- CUSER & XS: Facebook uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the profile
- Profile URL: Enter the Profile URL in this field. If you have a list of Profile URLs in a CSV or a Google sheet. Use that in step 4
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section
- Send Friend Request: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice for later
How to add friends on Facebook?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Facebook Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Facebook to run this automation.
TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Facebook session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials.
To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. Make sure you’re logged in to your Facebook account & the activated chrome extension will do the job.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple profile URLs)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the Profile URLs. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Send friend request button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of Profile URLs, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Send friend requests button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to send friend requests to anyone on Facebook.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂